On Tuesday 17 June 2003 12:27 am, Technoslick wrote:

> It as either that or admit to her that I wasted nearly $200 on a color
> printer I couldn't use. :0]

 :-)

> They must have learned from the competition, as well as their customers.
> The old way was very kludge.

Sounds like it!

> That's a great idea. I probably have such nifty features on mine, too,
> but have no real need to investigate. My youngest is home for the
> summer, after her first year of college. I have more of a problem
> getting her to turn her PC off when she leaves the house. You'd think
> she was paying for the electricity around here. Not that I don't waste a
> little myself, running a server all day and up to three workstations and
> my laptop. When my wife's is on hers, too, I swear we can hear the
> utility meter outside whirling so fast with the juice-use. ;0)

Hehehe, my wife says that when she hits the (front) door that her hair starts
standing on end (static). <grin>

> > BTW, this Dlinks' model number is DI-604.
>
> I'll have to take a look at their site some time and read up on their
> specs. Yours doesn't sound like a low line model.

I don't know for sure. It cost me $69 which I didn't think was too
unreasonable. It replaced my old Linksys hub, gives broadband to every comp
in the house and does that hardware firewall thing. I had a friend of mine
meet me in ICQ where he grabbed my IP address and tried to nmap me. He said
that Nmap reported I wasn't there.

--

                                                             /\
                                                   Dark<>Lord