On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 16:51, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

As frustrated as you have been, I hope you can come to see that you have
some place to go when things just aren't going your way. Everybody needs
a place like that, you know? :0)

Earlier on you were having problems with the Windows association to
WinRAR, so I popped in what I knew was confusing you and some others. I
just want to address this once more for your own clarity, and because as
a Windows user still, this is important to know.

WinRAR is a very powerful archive tool, and considered the best GUI
interfaced program of its kind in that platform. The latest version have
improved in that they can now natively work with ISO images. This isn't
a plus for those of us who might be downloading/burning Linux ISO's from
Windows. We don't want to open then in Windows for any reason. Outside
of that, being able to open, extract from, add to, and even create our
own ISO's is a very cool feature. I've been using WinRAR for a long time
and prefer it over any other choice in Windows. If having WinRAR
associate ISO's to itself causes you concern, no problem. Go into the
preferences of the program and find the section that handles
associations, then uncheck the last one for ISO's. Windows Explorer and
My Computer (one in the same) will change the icons on all ISO's to the
plain generic "I don't know what this is!" icon.

I was also wondering if you had both My Computer and Windows Explorer
set to show details. In M$'s infinite lack of wisdom, file details are
turned off. All you have to help you figure out what a file is, is just
the icon. Terribly confusing. If this has been turned off, you should
turn it on. As you make the transition from Windows to Linux, you will
come to appreciate seeing the full name of the files you have on your
system.

Good luck as you transcend to a higher and more rewarding plane of
computing. Remember, it's OK to get mad while in Linux. It's only
temporary, and relief stays with you a long time...unlike in Windows.
:-D