This has happened to me before.  I solve it by doing the following:

1.  CTRL-ALT-F1 (Drop out of X)
2.  Login as Root
3.  Type 'mousedrake'
4.  Click 'ok'
5.  CTRL-ALT-F7 (Get back into X)

Doing the Mousedrake reinitializes the mouse.

Troy Davidson
Linux User #311107

Follow the adventures of a
real life computer and
      gaming nerd!

   www.clandaith.com

** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **