On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 20:55, Paul Kaplan wrote:

> My questions:
> What are people's thoughts on a partitioning scheme?
<GENEROUS WHACK>

This is how I generally do it - as I setup/sell machines with dual-boot
quite often and dislike "future issues" - and most of the machines that
cross my path have at least the one 40gb drive:

* Win2k/WinXP partition: 10gb (primary partition)
  (Installed before any other OS)

* Linux parition: 8gb
  (/boot is a primary, all the other partitions, if required, are
extened - and I LOVE ReiserFS)

* Data (shared) partition: 22gb
  (FAT32 partition sharable between the two OS's)

K.I.S.S.

...and if you want to go one better, you can just install MDK on the
whole lot, and then use VMWare to run Win2k inside of MDK...
(Then you never have to reboot...you might have to close down the VMWare
session with Win2k, but hey, we're all used to that...)

--
Thu Jun 19 21:30:00 EST 2003
 21:30:00 up 6 days,  4:44,  2 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.02, 0.07

        There once was this swami who lived above a delicatessan.  Seems one
day he decided to stop in downstairs for some fresh liver.  Well, the owner
of the deli was a bit of a cheap-skate, and decided to pick up a little extra
change at his customer's expense.  Turning quietly to the counterman, he
whispered, "Weigh down upon the swami's liver!"