I have a new machine at work that has W2K Pro on a single 40Gb NTFS partition.
I plan to resize the partition and install LM9 on the drive so as to be able
to dual boot.  Since there are some files that I need to be able to
read/write from both environments and I don't have the option of converting
the NTFS partition to fat32, I'm thinking I will need at least three
partitions; one for W2K, one for Linux, and one to hold my working
directories.  I expect to have the machine for 3 years (lease term), but I
don't anticipate my company upgrading W2K during that time.  My current W2K
install uses ~3-4Gb and I have another 4-5Gb of user stuff that I keep
locally.

My questions:
What are people's thoughts on a partitioning scheme?  One option is 4 x 10 Gb,
with 1 W2K, 1 Linux, and 2 x vfat.
Do people think this will allow for reasonable bloat (oops growth) on the W2K
side over the next three years (software inventory & management software,
virus software)?  How about the Linux side?
What about vfat as a choice for the transfer partition?  Would I be better to
use ext2/3 and find a W2K solution for reading/writing to ext2/3?  (My
preference however is ReiserFS for Linux.)  Any experience/suggestions for
such a tool?

TIA,
Paul