On Thursday 19 June 2003 08:55 am, JoeHill wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:47:53 -0400
>
> "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
> > WineX
>
> fsck WineX!
>
> er, IMHO.

Well...I've heard a lot of pro and con arguments about WineX. I have to admit
that I myself have mixed feelings. One argument goes that because a
particular game will work under WineX, that game manufacturer won't port to
Linux. Transgaming argues that they are making much easier for companies to
port to Linux because of their experience.

As for myself, I don't own any Windows game that has a native Linux port - I
always buy native ports, if I have a choice.

Now...how about Starcraft and Diablo2: LOD or Warcraft 3? From my
understanding of cosmic events - Blizzard says just plain no. My 2 sons love
these 3 games and want to play networked with me. So whats the choice for me
here? Just tell them too bad - sorry about your luck there? I could buy a
copy of WinXP, setup dual booting, then buy these Windows games. OR I could
use WineX to run these games under Linux and when I send in the warranty card
let them know that I'm running it under Linux, (my preferred OS) and please
consider future ports for this OS.

I've actually had people tell me that its better to buy Windows and install it
to play Windows games than to use WineX...how can anyone reach that
conclusion?

Personally, (and I don't want to hurt anyones' feelings here) I think thats
just universally dumb.

and thats "IMHO".... <big grin>

PS I live for the day when all games are simu-released for Linux and that
other OS (Or Linux only!) :-)

--

                                                             /\
                                                   Dark<>Lord