On Thursday 19 June 2003 11:31 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> my sons and i also play D2 LOD; i've tried to find out if
> blizzard was ever going to port to linux and was told that for
> all intents and purposes, Diablo is a dead end.  whoever bought
> blizzard is intent on focusing on the other games and isn't
> putting any effort at all into diablo any more other than
> maintenance.
>
> i've tried repeatedly running it under winex but it always runs
> slow on my machine; i'm convinced that's more a question of the
> hardware than winex, due to other problems i keep running up
> against.  but with winex3.0 i have finally got it working.

What hardware are you using? Lowest machine I had it running on here was a
K6-III @ 475mhz with 192 megs Ram and a Voodoo 3000 card. It worked very well
there. Ran it for a long time like that.

BTW, when you ran the video test under Diablo2, did you pick 2D or 3D? Its odd
but you can tell very -little- difference between them except that 2D is
faster and more stable.

--

                                                             /\
                                                   Dark<>Lord