At 02:49 AM 6/20/2003 +0300, you wrote:
<giant snip>
If you're interested in developing your spatial abilities in an enjoyable way, I recommend Go. The rules are very simple, but the fact that it's based on geometric patterns on a 19x19 board makes gameplay infinitely complex. Back in the 1970s, when chess programs were starting to beat grandmasters, Go programs were still trying to make legal moves and learn basic tactics (around 1978, my brother wrote a Go program that could play legally and not do anything totally stupid on a reduced-size board, and he was very proud of it). Also as a padawan jeweller, I think you'd like the aesthetic aspect of Go- for reasons no one is sure of, the end result of a game played between two masters looks nicer than a game played between amateurs. The first Go-player I met said "Sometimes I make a move just because I think a point would look good with one of my stones on it."

There are Go programs and Internet clients available for Linux.

Sir Robin

Were I capable of having kids I'd ask you to have mine luv. :D Oh right you don't do children...oh well.. n/m then. :D

Ty I shall look into "Go". Heard of it. Never played it. Never seen it. Might be worth trying tho. Merci! Now I wonder if i can play it online somewhere...

FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert