On Monday 23 Jun 2003 2:53 am, Chris wrote:
> On Sunday 22 June 2003 08:31 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > I feel your pain.  This is an area that ML is very weak in. I don't know
> > about other distros. Sound in general is very problematic. I am having
> > trouble now with a computer that worked perfectly in all aspects but MP3s
> > and in trying to get that working I now can not play anything on xmms.
> > Not .wav or .ogg nothing. So I do not know what file I failed to include
> > or delete  or really wwhere to look now, but I will keep looking. It
> > worked once, it will work again. :  )
>
> Yea and whats really a pain is that I had the plugin installed before my
> other drive crashed and it worked.  The only thing I can figure is that
> maybe its because I installed a 'cooker' plugin and its incompatable with
> the version of XMMS I have, but I don't see why that won't let it show up
> on the list. Oh well, guess it KsCD for .wav's and XMMS for MP3's

Then why not install the version of CDread on your CDs?

urpme xmms-cdread

to get rid of the Cooker version

urpmi xmms-cdread

to install the one on your CD

rpmfind.net is not going to find anything not available to urpmi except
Cooker.

As for seeing your playlist :-
To start playing a CD with xmms select Play>Directory and select /mnt/cdrom
Then you can press the 'PL'  button on the xmms GUI to see the playlist.

HTH

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net