BTW: If you are using the OSS sound drivers you might find your sounds from
your script do not play. This is because the OSS drivers can only allow 1
application at a time to use the sound system, and the KDE 'arts' sound
system will be using the sound card to play the start up sound. If you get
this problem. Using the alsa drivers ought to fix it.  (You can check your
alsa configuration here http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/  )

derek