I got the ESS Maestro sound card working on my Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop
last night.  All I have to enter now to make it work is:

modprobe snd-es1968;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe snd-mixer-oss;modprobe
snd-seq-oss

and then raise the aumix volume.  What can I do to have the above "take
place" at boot up so I don't have to enter it each time?  The ALSA docs
mention adding this to modules.conf:

        # ALSA portion
        alias char-major-116 snd
        alias snd-card-0 snd-es1968
        # module options should go here

        # OSS/Free portion
        alias char-major-14 soundcore
        alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

        # card #1
        alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
        alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
        alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
        alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
        alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

but I'm not even sure if that code is supposed to make it load at boot up or
not.  I did add it and there isn't any difference.  Can someone help me out
with this?

- Grant