> On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 17:32, Grant wrote:
> > I got the ESS Maestro sound card working on my Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop
> > last night.  All I have to enter now to make it work is:
> >
> > modprobe snd-es1968;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe snd-mixer-oss;modprobe
> > snd-seq-oss
> >
> > and then raise the aumix volume.  What can I do to have the above "take
> > place" at boot up so I don't have to enter it each time?  The ALSA docs
>
> You can add that to /etc/rc.local
> To get aumix loading properly, add
> aumix -L
>
> Paul

Thanks for the info.  When I do that and try to play a WAV in Linux, it
plays but I don't hear anything.  THEN, when I start Win4Lin, the Windows
startup sound does play and I have full sound in Win4Lin.  THEN, when I go
back to Linux, I have full sound there.  Weird huh?  Can you guys help or is
this a question for the Win4Lin list?

- Grant

P.S. Win4Lin is Windows running as an application in Linux.