quoting Curt Tresenriter; Saturday 28 June 2003 12:37 pm:
> Just as I was about to go to town on this sylpheed tarball, I read
> Eric's post on 'make install' - then Derek's page on checkinstall.
> Decided that was a good idea 9building an RPM from a tarball) so I did
> urpmi checkinstall - it reported two dependencies, I said yes and it
> failed saying some files were missing and that I might want to update my
> urpmi database. So I said 'urpmi.update local' tried urpmi checkinstall
> again and get the same message.
> I must be missing something here - besides the files, which are:
>
> /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libcheckinstall1-1.5.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
>     /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/checkinstall-1.5.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
>
> Where do I go from here?
> thanks
> Curt

Have you added a "contrib" software source? That's where those files come from
I do believe. If you don't have contrib listed yet just use the
http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon easy urpmi page to pick one. Then use the;

urpmi checkinstall

command again to install it.

If you're building RPMs from tarballs you'll want to set up a build directory
and add that as a local source as well. Then you can install with urpmi from
there after they're built and save some dependency grief. Just a suggestion.

Regards;
Charlie
--
Edmonton,AB,Canada Registered user 244963 at http://counter.li.org