I just got a IBM thinkpad 600 400 MHZ and I am useing it to
replace my old Thinkpad 770E that is only 333MHZ but has a 20 GB
HDD.
   If I understand correctly I should be able to install the old HDD
in the new laptop and do a custom install leaving my home
partitision unformated. but reformat the other partisions. Then the
rest of the install should update the rest of the installation for
the new hardware leaving all of my personal information and files
intact.
   Does this sound right ??
   OH yeah it gets more complicated. The HDD is set up to dual boot
with windoze. Will I be able to reinstall windoze without windoze
wipeing out my linux installation or will Windoze try to take
control of the whole disk and wipe out ML9.1
  I am not worried about loosing any data from the windoze
installation.

     TIA
    Marc
--