Chris wrote:
On Tuesday 01 July 2003 11:07 pm, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

this is on a seperate drive in itself (my /var partition).  In a terminal
and in the /var directory with ls -lr I get the correct size as reported
in konqueror.  So, have I got fubar'd backups?

What is the reported size of the backup using the terminal?

Is it over 2GB?

As a matter of fact yes.  The base backup is 13491338168 bytes while the first
inc backup is 6613066036 bytes.

I'm not sure if Konqueror is capable of dealing with files that big.  I believe I had the same problem in the past when I tried to backup a user.

I also believe that tar has a file size limit of 2 GB.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
				-Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)