On Saturday 05 July 2003 09:35 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

> Use partimage.
> Get it on the gentoo disc that you can download from their website.
> You will need a spare partition to create the image file in and if you
> want you can
> write that image to CD in a writer.
>
> John

John, I urpmi'd and installed partimage, however, looking at it I can't see
anyway to specify which directories in /home/chris I want to backup.  There
are some such as my mp3 dir that I don't need backed up.  I did find another
app called Backerupper that does let you specify which directories and files
to backup and which to ignore.  It seems to work pretty well, uses zip for
compression and is fast.  I just have to work out the problem with my cron
event not making the archive correctly.  Manually it works great.

Thanks for the suggestion
Chris

--
  Regards