Hi All,

Got a strange one for you. This has happened on 2 separate installs (9.1) on the same laptop (an Asus L2400D). I installed XWC (File Manager similar to WinExplorer), and it works for users just fine at first. After using it for a day or so, it stops being able to start. Now when a user tries to start it, it just sends the hard drive into overdrive but never actually starts the program. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall it to no avail. I sometimes have to killX just to get my system back again. Sometimes after the hard drives screams for a few minutes, it just goes back to normal without ever starting XWC. If I start it from a console, there are no error messages but it still never starts and never gives me a prompt back. I can't find a config file to delete or anything either. If I start it as root from a console, it runs fine. It is sooo weird. This just happened on fresh install of 9.1 as well.

Any ideas appreciated,

Regards,

Jason