On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 08:23, John Richard Smith wrote:
> I have a problem doing a simulation write in
> mandrake's xcdroast 4.0.4 .
>
> I copy data cd to harddrive under Duplicate CD.
> Then attempt a simulation write  and it hangs after,
>
> imput buffer ready
> BURBFREE is off,
> Turning BURNFREE ON,
> sending Cue sheet,
> Writing pregap for track 1-150
> starting to read write track at sector 0,
>
> in write window it says,
> Track                           3%
> Total                            3%
> Fifo                             95%
> Writer-Buffer             99%    speed 103.5x (looks odd to me)
>
> As a result of the hung xcdroast,  I have to,  kill -9 xcdroast
> which gets rid of xcdroast but with an active scsi-buss which on
> shutdown the system hates, not to mention what it may be doing
> to the writer itself.
>

> Not too happy about this situation, it makes no odds
> if either writer or dvd is used to read original data track.
> It seems to me there is a problem here.
>

> John

John, Xcdroast is only the GUI for some command line programs like
mkisofs and cdrecord and cdrdao. I am sure the best way to kill the
whole thing would be a ps aux |grep cd and then killing the stuff
mentioned. but that just goes for killing something that you should not
have to kill. have you tried any of the other GUIs for cdburning? have
you tried it from the command line?