On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 02:11, FemmeFatale wrote:

> I envy you. :)
>
> Hm... solitaire... my g/f plays that...but i don't ever play those silly
> little games.  Why is it a g/f will play it but not you? :D
>
> Have fun
> -------------
> FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Ever since I started setting up/selling computers to the public, I've
found that you have to entice the customer specifically by gender. Not a
joke, no humour about it. It's a reality.

To fire up interest in a man, show them "shoot'em up" games, racing
games, sometimes technical stuff, and definitely pr0n.

To fire up interest in a woman, show them chat facilities, something to
write on (a word processor), email and card games - specifically
solitaire type games.

Unless someone has a purely technical bend, or specifically want to
purchase a computer for a particular reason, those two strategies are
what catches each gender.

BTW, back in 1992 I taught a class for teachers - about computers and
using computers. I started the first week of the class by making people
play Solitaire, Minesweeper and "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".
Nothing technical. Just how to use the mouse and the keyboard, open the
application, close the application. No big words, no technical jargon. I
had quite a bit more success with my class than did three other teachers
- my class scored the highest, and became fairly knowledgeable and
proficient on using computers. I didn't tell the other three teachers my
secret.

--
Sat Jul  5 11:05:00 EST 2003
 11:05:00 up 3 days, 25 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.37, 0.37

There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.
There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS.   I'm very probably wrong.