Michael wrote:

ok, I've accomplished something here....I figured out how to actually see and access all the info on all the partitions I have created in windows (they're all FAT32 partitions).

Good.

my cd-rw drive isn't mounted. i can't figure out what's wrong either, because everything installed off the install CDs, but when I put a CD into my drive and try to access it, linux locks up completely.

Well , that is drastic.

Mike

The 3 most important files/directories controlling all the access to the drives are ,
/etc/lilo.conf
/etc/fstab
/mnt/cdrom

depending whether you want supermount, automount, and scsi-emulation.

Standard install off the Mandrake discs attempts to install supermount.This doesn't always work.Automount is a fallback position, and scsi-emulation is only desirable if you have a writer as well,so that the writer can read from the dvd/cdrom. However, I have never yet got a fully working supermount on my machine.

Probably, the best thing you can do here is post /etc/fstab here to see what has happened.Then someone with more knowledge than I , can walk you through supermount.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]