On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 10:15 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I know that under 9.0 I set up ntpd using webmin, but I can't remember
> where/how I did it, nor can I find a specific page.  I assume that I
> need a cron job, but I would have thought that I would have to enter
> the url/ip somewhere else first.  Can anyone remind me, please?
>
> Anne

I should have also added that your time can also be set using ntpdate in a
cron job, but using ntpdate is deprecated (not quite sure why)

If using the daemon you should of course use drakxservices to make sure it is
running, and ntptrace is useful to see where your clock is actually coming
from.

Do not be surprised if the time does not change when starting the ntp daemon.
It will not even *start* to change the time until it has been running for 15
minutes, and then it will *slowly* pull the local time into sync with the
remote.  (That is why the step-tickers are used to set the time on first
booting)

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net