On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 05:33:12 -0700 (PDT)
Tango Echo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

>  I dropped deadman a quick question on this mouse, but would be
>  interested to know if any of you have input or experiences to add...

the instructions on his site should apply to any mouse with 5 buttons or
even 7. you are using xmodmap, like this (in your .xinitrc):

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5" &

plus an entry in your XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Mouse0"
        Driver "mouse"
        Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option "Buttons" "7"
        Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
EndSection

now, you can let go of the "Explorer" part and give it a shot, to my
mind it shouldn't matter. of course if it doesn't work, just put it back
to normal (your system even keeps a backup of your old XF86Config for
you to rename and use).

Personally, it seemed to wreak havoc with my WM and mousewheeling thru
desktops, so I commented it out for now. I'll give it a shot later.

--
 Joehill
 Registered Linux user #282046