On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:28:56 +0300
Robin Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Stick with 3.3.6 until Mdk 9.2 comes out. An S3 Trio will look crap
> whatever driver you have, anyway ;-)

ach, laddie, it's an old P200 anyway, just a test machine, but with
3.3.6 I can't get any of the better WMs to run properly. Blackbox, of
course, but that would work on my toaster :)

> > Since it is a "test" machine, I am thinkin Robin *might* be on the
> > right track, go for 9.2 beta (is that out yet?!) or cooker I guess.
> >
> > But urpmi would work?
> >
> > ie. rpm -e --nodeps XFree*, then urpmi XFree new version?
> >
> > or go for the whole shamozzle (ie. don't use --nodeps)?
>
> Only if you want to get rid of every X application you have!

that's what I thought...I'm thinkin' 9.2 cooker is a good bet, but I
can't find a mirror to download an ISO, tho it says on the MDK site they
*are* out there (watching us, waiting...).

Thanks to all for the tips, if anyone can lead me to a cooker ISO, I
will do the hoochie coochie and turn myself around!

--
 Joehill
 Registered Linux user #282046