Peter Meyns wrote:

Hi all,

good thing this list seems to be up and running again.

I went through my KDE settings yesterday and on the module "System - Linux
Kernel" I got the following information (translated from German):

<from kde>

Error

Your kernel configuration could not be read because of the following error:

/usr/src/linux/arch//config.in cannot be opened.

Either the source code of your kernel contains faulty configuration rules
or you have just discovered a bug in this program.

</from kde>

So what might that mean? Is it the 2 slashes between arch and
config.in, and if so where would I fix this?

Any ideas?

I'm using Mandrake 9.1 installed without changing the defaults, KDE version
is 3.1.

What kernel source are you working with? I had the same problem with a recent kernel so I installed the source for the multimedia kernel and did it again with success. You may want to try a different kernel source and see if you still have the same problem.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903)
                "Maxims for Revolutionists"