I'm having trouble getting X to boot up, as in - it won't.  My video card
is a Creative Labs Ultra TNT2.  I've visited the nvidia website, and
installed the "RIVA-X-GLX-1.0-glibc-i386-dyn.tar.gz" file.  The page also
mentions that I have to have "XFree86 3.3.3.1 dated after January 7, 1999"
for it to work.  I'm running Mandrake 6.1...how can i check to see if my x
server is 3.3.3.1 and dated after jan7, 1999?  I've tried setting my card
up with xf86config several times, selecting the regular SVGA server
options...but each time i attempt to run X I get the error message:
"No GLINT/PERMEDIA based card found."
Are there any urls someone could point me to that explain the installation
and setup of X with a TNT2 card?  Do I need to setup XFree86 3.3.3.1?
Looking for any input on this...

Thx,
Steve