1.  You have XFree86 3.3.5 in 6.1

2.  You may need to set up the link

Where did the X server from the tarball go?

And the -dyn. in the package seems to imply it will be looking for some
libraries on your machine, which may be a later source of error.  See if you
can get the staticly linked binary

To set up the link, you need to discover where it got inflated and placed
when you ran

tar xvzf RIVA-X-GLX-1.0-glibc-i386-dyn.tar.gz

to do that you need to FIND it  Probably searching on RIVA will do it.

For demo purposes, let's say it is /usr/X11R6/bin/RIVA  (this probably won't
be the filename or directory.  You'll have to find that)

You need to try

ln -fs /usr/X11R6/bin/X /usr/X11R6/bin/RIVA
ln -fs /etc/X11/X /usr/X11R6/bin/RIVA

After that, the program to use is XF86Setup and maybe xvidtune once you have
it going.

The last parts of those instruction lines need to be changed to point to the
file where the Xserver actually installed.

If you have more questions after trying this, then ask.

Civileme