I am having a problem with my 3COM EtherLink III ISA 3C509b-TPO card.

 From what I have been reading, I am supposed to see some kind of 'eth0'
text in the boot up text (dmesg).  However, I am not seeing anything about
eth0 at all.  When I try to run dhcpcd I get the following message in the
dhcpcd.log file...

Oct  6 22:26:02 davidem dhcpcd[1468]: dhcpStart: ioctl SIOCSIFFLAGS:
Resource temporarily unavailable

I then tried tcpdump -evvn -i eth0 and recieved the following text...

tcpdump: WARNING: SIOCGIFADDR: eth0: Cannot assign requested address
tcpdump: listening on eth0
tcpdump: pcap_loop: read: Network is down

I am guessing that all that means that my ethernet card is not getting seen
by Linux.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Do I just need to set an irq?  If so, is there a way to see what irq's are
currently being used and pick one that is safe?  How do I set the irq for
the ethernet card in Linux?

I haven't found any HOWTO's for this problem.  Pointing me to one that
would help me get the ethernet card up and running would also be helpful.

Thanks for all your patients... (I hope I have the HTML stuff turned off
now, sorry about that guys! :)
Dave
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]