On 18 Jul 2003 10:49:30 +0100
Douglas Bainbridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Joe
> Sorry! didn't mean to criticise, just wanted to provoke a relevant
> reply from someone.

No problem! I just want to be appreciated <sniff>.

> Thanks for your reply, but before I try to translate, could you go
> through the steps he needs in order to remove 8.2, which he seems to
> need?

I did post a brief outline below, it should at least get him started.

Pasted for your convenience, sir:

"Your best bet is to boot your computer from the Mandrake 9.1 install CD
and follow the easy install process, really. It's *should* be that
simple. Mandrake, as you may have discovered when you installed 8.2,
will not hurt your 98 install, and in fact will coexist quite
peacefully.

One thing to take into account is the partitioning. At that stage of the
9.1 install I would suggest choosing "keep existing partitions", then
format *only* the system partition(s), *not* your /home partition, that
way all your personal documents in your /home will be left untouched.
There may be some minor issues with config files in your home dir being
incompatible with newer software, but those issues can be easily dealt
with and will not hurt your system in any way.

I hope you did not take our bit of fun as mocking *you*, it was just us
being goofy, and we really hope you will write back soon if you need any
more assistance."

Translate away!
--
Joehill