i did all those things and still nothing coming up in linneighborhood.  it
is showing localhost with a penguin and nothing more.  and workgroup, not
domain, was what i setup in win2k pro.  i'd hate to not be able to get
this to work.

thank you

> On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 22:54, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I can't get a folder or listing for anything in linneighborhood for my
>> win2k box.  i have shared 2 folders and setup the domain for the
>> internal network.  i have recently installed iptables and ipkungfu and
>> am wondering if a specific port needs to be opened for linneighborhood
>> to see it.  if not i'm without a clue how to get it working'  i've
>> googled it and didnt' come up with any answers.  this worked fine
>> under winxp.
>
> Ports 137, 138 and 139 need to be opened up; as well, in the settings
> for SAMBA (/etc/samba/smb.conf) you SHOULD have the same workgroup name;
> and double check your settings for LinNeighborhood.
>
> --
> Sat Jul 19 23:00:01 EST 2003

This email was sent using FREE Catholic Online Webmail.
http://webmail.catholic.org/