On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 00:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> i was prompted to reboot after changing the workgroup.  the sharing was
> done by right clicking and share this folder with default directory naming
> conventions.  i assume its sharing with full access.  both computers are
> linked through a home broadband router and dhcp.

If you're still not able to properly share via reboot and after you've
double checked all configurations, I would start to think that the fact
you're using DHCP for connectivity INSIDE your network could be the
culprit.

You should be able to setup the machines inside your network with static
IP addresses, using the IP address of the "router" as your gateway for
your internet connectivity. The settings for Samba sharing allow you to
make drastic changes to the TCP/IP addresses that access the machine,
but it can become quite complex in it's configuration; easiest way might
be to give the static IP addressing scheme a go.

--
Sun Jul 20 09:55:01 EST 2003
 09:55:01 up 6 days,  1:58,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.10, 0.09

If you continually give you will continually have.