On Saturday 19 July 2003 05:31 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 19 Jul 2003 12:14 am, manolis wrote:
> > Anyway...
> > Although I didn't figured out what is going on I also want to ask
> > related to the this problem:
> > Any time that I plug in my USB reader it gets another name in the
> > /dev tree for example the first time I pluged it in I get: /dev/sda
> > when I unplugged it and replug it again I get : /dev/sdb  etc...
> > etc...
> > I think this is related to my problem...
> > How can I remove the faulty /dev/..   links?
> > This doesn't happen with my USB flash thumb drive that automounts
> > fine , and every time I plug it in I get: /dev/sdb1
> >
> > Please Help..!!
>
> Hi, Manolis.  I think that when you use more than one removable device
> the system sometimes gets confused.  I have a similar problem.  When
> it happens to me I just open up the MCC, Hardware List.  It should
> re-detect the device and mount it correctly.
>
> Anne

Hello,

        If this doesn't seem obviouslywrong, I wnder if you are umounting the
/dev/sda1 before unplugging it?

        There was another USB/Flash question regarding supermount.  I just have a
simple '/dev/sda1 /mnt/fubar auto auto,user,noauto,ro 0 0' line in fstab and
I get a nifty icon (in 9.1) on the desktop after boot (even when there is no
disk in the reader.  All I have to do is put a disk in and click the icon...
voila!  I think its great, and I don't have to deal with any super-dooper
anything.

For what my opinion is worth,
        -Jim