On Sunday 20 Jul 2003 12:30 am, drew wrote:
> Hello All,
>          I've broken KDE somehow,I've lost the ability to install RPM's
> from it.Everything works OK in Gnome.
>          Has anyone got any idea how to fix it?
>                       Drew

Open KDEControlCentre>Components>FileAssociations

Type rpm in the 'Find filename pattern' box
select the '-x-rpm' file type that appears

The 'Application Preference order' should have 'Software Installer' at the top
of the list.
If it is not there add it. Use /usr/bin/gurpmi as the command.
Also check you have the gurpmi RPM installed. (rpm -q gurpmi   in a terminal)

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net