On Saturday 19 July 2003 05:10 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 09:30, drew wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >          I've broken KDE somehow,I've lost the ability to install RPM's
> > from it.Everything works OK in Gnome.
> >          Has anyone got any idea how to fix it?
> >                       Drew
>
> You could login to Gnome, rename the ~/home/yournamehere/.kde directory,
> then login to KDE again - this will recreate all of the default KDE
> setups/configurations/themes for you -  that way you can discern what
> exactly went wrong in the first place...

Actually, easier is to drop to a virtual terminal or console and issue the
command "mv .kde .kdebackup" and .kde will dissappear, and be renamed as
.kdebackup. mv is equivalent to move in WinSnooze, and mv is used to rename
files and directories.

Basically, I only say this to set you all free from the graphical desktop, and
let you in on the power of the commandline.

Rob

--

Linux: For the people, by the people.