On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:56:48 +0100
drew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Hello All,
>              I've just to reinstall(after a fall out with some Nvidia
> Drivers).The problem I'm having is,when aclick on a RPM that I have
> download from the net,I get the open with box come up.If I set the
> install up thought Mandrake Control Centre,it worksish(I have to have
> the program name in there),but if I need to install any RPM which is
> needed by the program I'm installing,it does not work ie dependences
>              Thank you for any help given.

urpmi is your friend!

1. Go here and configure all your souces:

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php

2. then as root, urpmi [program you want to install]

saves you searching the net for packages you want or need, and resolves
dependancies automatically.

at the console, type 'man urpmi' for much, much more info!

--
Joehill
Registered Linux user #282046