In a PC with modem, which is to act as masq server, I have already installed
iptables. However starting its daemon during startup was disabled by me. Now
I have followed IP-masquerade howto. I made rc.firewall-2.4 , put it in
/etc/rc.d and firewall-2.4 in /etc/rc.d/init.d/. Now when I ran
rc.firewall-2.4 in command line, I get errors many modules are already
running. Further gateway ip address of eth0, I can ping. When masq server is
connected to internet, I can ping its dynamically allocated ip address. But I
can't ping its dns server by its number also. Why. How to make masq work.
--
L.V.Gandhi
203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam, 530017