Some cool things summarised from the below url for people
that might not
want to wade though it.. (I only picked the onces cool to
me.)
http://www.kniggit.net/wwol26.html

- Ability to natively mount cifs filesystems (smb extended
for 2000, XP+ systems)
- No more scsi emulation for CDRW stuff.
- Ability to run a virtual linux inside linux for testing..
linux on linux.
- Much beter hardware support.
- Much much better sound support.
- Bluetooth.
- much more reliable NFS (ver4).
- full software-suspend-to-disk functionality for the Linux
user on the go.
- Hyperthreading (for the latest P4's).
- improved support: webcams, radio and TV adapters, and
digital video recorders.
- built-in support for Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB)
hardware. (tivo like functionality)
- Support for systems with multiple AGP cards.
- 2.6 now supports Windows' Logical Disk Manager (aka
"Dynamic Disks")
- mount a NTFS volume read/write. (write still experimental,
but much better.)

Thats all the stuff you may not have heard.. its also
apparently faster and more responsive.

I can't wait..

Having said all that, from reading this article. I have
trouble with the idea that 2.6 would work
on a 9.0 or 9.1 system.. there are some fundamental changes
in the underlying structure of 2.6
that would require some changes to a 9.1 system before it
would work properly.

Anyway, I got all excited about this and had to share,, I am
seeing someone about this problem
and I hope to be able to restrain myself in future. :-)

regards

Franki
http://htmlfixit.com