On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 08:24, Gene Barker wrote:
> I am a new linux user, about a month.  I need your help, speaking to
> the “newbie” group.
>
> I joined this group in hopes of learning more of linux and solutions
> to problems I may have.  I have been inundated with emails from our
> group, most of them not very useful. May I request 2 things.
>
>      1. Limit or eliminate political or philosophical discussions from
>         this channel.  Let’s use it as a tool to learn of linux.
>      2. The answers to legitimate questions are sometimes cryptic and
>         hard for me to follow.  A little more information or a way to
>         follow the conversation would be helpful to me.  Any
>         suggestions would be appreciated.
> Cordially,
> Gene Barker

Gene, welcome.

        One thing you might want to do is to turn on "message threading" in
your email client (if you can) - it helps to discern between what is a
random message and what is a "conversation" - or threaded discussion.

        Anyways, what can we do for you?

--
Wed Jul 23 12:35:00 EST 2003
 12:35:00 up 9 days,  4:38,  2 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.19, 0.17

Love is in the offing.  Be affectionate to one who adores you.