On Thursday 24 Jul 2003 11:27 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> >On Thursday 24 July 2003 11:58, John Richard Smith wrote:
> >>Why does this fail ?
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpmi.addmedia mozilla
> >>ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/Linux/Mandrake/Mandr
> >>ak e/9.1/contrib/RPMS with hdlist.cz
> >>added medium mozilla
> >>examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.texstar.cz]
> >>examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf.cz]
> >>examining synthesis file
> >> [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.jpackage.free.cz] examining synthesis
> >> file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz] retrieving description
> >> file of "mozilla"...
> >>retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "mozilla"...
> >>
> >>ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/Linux/Mandrake/Mandr
> >>ak e/9.1/contrib/RPMS/hdlist.cz ...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited
> >> with 19 or signal 0
> >>
> >>retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
> >>no hdlist file found for medium "mozilla"
> >>examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.mozilla.cz]
> >>problem reading synthesis file of medium "mozilla"
> >>unable to update medium "mozilla"
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#
> >>

> >>when headlist for source main was only updated last night.
> >>
> >>John
> >
> >It's synthesis.hdlist2.cz on that page.
>
> OK, but, now what is wrong ?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpmi.addmedia mozilla
> ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/Linux/Mandrake/Mandrak
>e/9.1/contrib/RPMS with hdlist2.cz
> added medium mozilla
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.texstar.cz]
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf.cz]
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.jpackage.free.cz]
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]
> retrieving description file of "mozilla"...
> retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "mozilla"...
>
> ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/Linux/Mandrake/Mandrak
>e/9.1/contrib/RPMS/hdlist2.cz ...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with
> 19 or signal 0
>
> retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
> no hdlist file found for medium "mozilla"
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.mozilla.cz]
> problem reading synthesis file of medium "mozilla"
> unable to update medium "mozilla"

You have made exactly the same mistake again.
Instead of synthesis.hdlist2.cz you have typed hdlist2.cz

You only have to enter that ftp address in the url line of a browser and you
can see what the file is called.

I am  curious. Why are you entering a 9.1 contrib source and calling it
'mozilla'. (Mozilla is not even in that source) I know from previous posts
you have already defined contrib sources before?

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net