On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 17:48, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Friday 25 July 2003 09:43, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > > Jus pulling yer leg mate;o)
> >
> > Heheheheh...ya know, I used to loosen my mates' anchor chains before
> > they went out for a sail...(at least the smart-arsed ones)...(g)
>
> We challenged 'em to a race after we'd tied all sorts of bags, buckets and
> other junk to their hull the night before.
> We'd make sure they were slobbering drunk too on those nights;o)

Best I did so far was to remove two props from a Chriscraft; mate was
anchored in a little "harbour" in Ft. Lauderdale across from the Bahia
Mar...was really funny watching him stress out in the morning when the
boat wasn't going anywhere - checked everything - transmissions,
throuhgh-hull fittings, engines, hydraulics - before he jumped into the
nasty brackish water, I showed him the props sitting in my dinghy under
a tarp...(that was a mean thing to do after a heavy night of drinking).

--
Fri Jul 25 18:20:00 EST 2003
 18:20:00 up 11 days, 10:23,  3 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.47, 0.33

Committee Rules:
        (1) Never arrive on time, or you will be stamped a beginner.
        (2) Don't say anything until the meeting is half over; this
            stamps you as being wise.
        (3) Be as vague as possible; this prevents irritating the
            others.
        (4) When in doubt, suggest that a subcommittee be appointed.
        (5) Be the first to move for adjournment; this will make you
            popular -- it's what everyone is waiting for.