On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 12:13:13AM +1000, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 11:31, Josenildo Marques wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Todd Slater.
> > However, there is something strange. There wasn't a file called menu.xml in
> > that folder. Even so, i ran menumaker as you instructed and it created the
> > file mymenu.xml which I moved into  ~/.xfce4/
> > The menu doesn't show up. What could be wrong ?
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > JM
>
> I thought the menu.xml would live in either /usr/local/etc/xfce4/ or in
> /usr/etc/xfce4 or /etc/xfce4 => at least I know mine lives in
> /usr/local/etc/xfce4 => so the menu created with MenuMaker got copied
> there then edited to suit my purposes...

My guess is that he's using a custom start script or the one in
/usr/local/etc/xfce4, which could default to looking for the menu in
/usr/local/etc/xfce4. I set mine up with the xinitrc file in ~/.xfce4,
so that's probably why mine looks for menu.xml in ~/.xfce4.

Anyway, Josenildo, you could try moving mymenu.xml to just menu.xml and
putting that in ~/.xfce4. It that doesn't work, as Stephen suggested,
move it to /usr/local/etc/xfce4.

Let us know how you make out,

Todd

--
Name that tune #21: I live in the ghetto, you just come to visit me
around election time.