1.  Original post was in error (please re-read earlier post)...As I said THEN,
it was meant for the OT list, where we have an on-going discussion on this
topic.
2.  This list has ALWAYS had fun minor diversions...Even BEFORE the OT list.
Some of the "minor diversions" have been quite long winded (and heated!)
You just missed a long discussion about this.
99% +  of bytes are direct Linux
I think you can deal with the <1%  :)

Other lists ALSO have OT off shoots at times.
Life is not one dimentional...If you can not handle this, filter, or choose
"ignore thread" in your mail reader!  If you stick around, you will find lots
of fun and creative "thank you" emails and generally fun comments, articles,
web sites, recreational tidbits, etc. in the context of each person
contributing to the list.