From: Anne Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 1:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] DVD writing software

On Tuesday 29 Jul 2003 1:04 pm, Ralph Slooten wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:54:59 +0100
>
> Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Yes, this shouldn't be a problem, just don't ask me what software
> you need to use, or how you can transfer it into DVD format (if
> that's your intention).

That's fine, Ralph.  I'll read around if I get any further with this.

> Storage was the other
> solution.. like backups, which would be the only reason why I may
> ever buy such a DVD writer,

I thought of that too, but realistically, I'm not sure I fancy a
multisession disk that bit <g>  It would take me quite a while to
fill it if I save data alone.

Thanks, too, for the info about DivX

> > Does that mean that we are going to be forced to pay for many,
> > many hours of unwanted rubbish stuck on the end every time we buy
> > a film, just to make them bigger than the new standard?  It
> > doesn't bear thinking about.  It's bad enough now, only being
> > able to buy some films in the 'special' editions, with heaven
> > knows what stuck on the end - which I've never watched.
>
> LOL... It's not like you are being "forced" to buy this extras
> shit, but more like they add it for the sole-purpose of filling the
> DVD beyond the 4.x limit of blank DVD's.

It seems that increasingly the big box office hits are being released
only in 2-disk sets, with the second one being full of the extras.
Even when that isn't so, a film with 'extras' is often higher priced
than the majority of films, so I think I *am* being forced to buy
them if I want the film.

> I have had discussions
> about this too with many people. Some say that's bullshit, and that
> those extras are to make it more interesting for the viewer,
> however I strongly dissagree. How many videos did you ever watch
> with al those extras?

Not one.

Anne

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street