On Wednesday 30 Jul 2003 11:34 am, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 20:18, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I have had SBLive surround and now Audigy surround working.  I
> > was never able to get surround on, for instance, the default cd
> > player, but xmms manages everything fine for me.  Have you tried
> > it?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Uh - Anne, how did you get the surround to work with the SBDead!
> ???

With the SBLive under 9.0 I followed Derek's instructions to install
the cdread plugin.  The Mandrake page says that you need it if you
don't have a proper cable connection, but in spite of the cable
nothing was working before, and everything worked afterwards.  When
lightning caused a spike that got my card I bought an Audigy.  IIRC
it worked out of the box - but remember the plugin was still there.

Under 9.1 emu10k2 is installed and everything is fine.

Anne