> I have spent allot of time with /etc/httpd/conf/access.conf &
> httpd.conf(many hours).
> The results I'm getting are not what I'm looking for!
> I can restrict users based on subnet but not at the ip level no matter
what
> $%&* I do!!!!
> My assumption is that, the above mentioned files will not restrict users
> from telnet access.

You're right, telnet is handled by the inetd daemon, you have to configure
the following files:
inet.conf -> to enable the telnet daemon (I guess you already have this
                     running)
hosts.deny -> here you specify which hosts are not allowed to access the
                       service you specify in your machine
hosts.allow -> like hosts.deny, but the other way :)

My suggestion is: disable everybody in hosts.deny and enable just the subnet
you want in hosts.allow. In your case it could be:

hosts.deny:
ALL: ALL

hosts.allow:
in.ftpd: here_is_your_subnet

Please note that, for this to work, you must have tcp wrappers running, I
think
is always running by default, so you shouldn't have any problem.

BTW, all this stuff is better explained in NET3-HOWTO, you should read that
document

Regards,
Toshiro.