On Thursday 31 Jul 2003 10:19 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 Jul 2003 7:32 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > hi
> > > i have a big problem! i changed the colors of
> > > kde(controlcenter->look&feel-

> > > explorer in windows), there are all files listened up. The
> > > first line is grey, the second is just white! the followed line
> > > is grey, then white. every second line is just white. if i
> > > select all files, the filenames are showed in a different
> > > grey(you can have an other color for selecting). do you know
> > > what i mean?
> >
> > This sounds fairly normal to me.  Konq uses shaded lines in much
> > the same way as some rintout paper does, supposedly to ease
> > readability (no comment on that - I think it's a matter of
> > preference) and I don't think you can switch that off.  Why does
> > it cause you problems, though?
>
> here are the screenshots:
> http://www.codershome.org/normal.png
> http://www.codershome.org/selected.png
>
> this is not normal i think. i cants work with this situation :/

I didn't realise you means white text on white background.  You can,
of course, from Control Centre (not Mandrake Control Centre) play
around with text colour - it's under File Manager - but I don't know
if there's any colour that would work well with what is virtually
black and white backgrounds.  Is this theme really worth fighting
for?  Have you looked for another that you like to see if you still
have a problem?

Anne