On Saturday 02 August 2003 10:11 am, fifner the dragon wrote:
> > Firstly : did it solve your problem ?
> >
> > Secondly : Your userinterface is independent of systems
> > settings, for example, if you you have the relevant locales
> > installed, from KDE's Control Center just change to whatever
> > language you want.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
>
> No, it didn't solve the problem. So now I'm hoping for another
> suggestion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fifner

Sorry to hear that, Fifner. Then someone wiser than me (most on
this list are) will probably step in.

BTW : is it only gFTP that causes trouble ? What about text
editors, word processors, browsers etc. ?  Judging from the
subject line on this thread it's likely to be a UTF problem ?
What happens when you change your encodings in mailers, browsers
etc. ?

Kaj Haulrich.
--
Registered Linux user  # 214073 at http://counter.li.org