On Sunday 03 August 2003 12:57 pm, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:

> Where do I go from here?
>
> Any help gratefully received!
>
> DougB

Well, this is beginning to get beyond my experience! :-(

Have you tried going into the control center to see if your card is listed
there? If it is, can you configure it from there maybe?

In KDEs' control center, my Adaptec card is listed under information, and the
3 SCSI devices attached to it are listed under SCSI (you can also find this
info in /proc/scsi)

In Mandrakes control center, under hardware, diskdrake will find and list my
Adaptec card, with the option "configure module" under it. I've not had to do
this, (everything worked from install with v9.1 here), but maybe you can go
that route and see what happens.

Otherwise, my only other suggestion is to post your problem to the Expert list
and see if a SCSI guru can help...

One other thing, one time I had a problem with v9.0 and my SCSI card. It was
suggested that during the install, I pick expert mode, and force the use of a
different SCSI driver than the one that was being used. (seems one is for
older stuff and one for newer stuff). It was picking the wrong one
apparently. This doesn't really seem to be your problem but I thought I'd
mention it.

Sorry I couldn't help more! :-(

--

                                                          /\