On Wednesday 06 Aug 2003 2:06 pm, madwand wrote:
> Good morning (or afternoon) all,

Afternoon, madwand.

> To my questions:
>
> 1.  does anyone know what's up with Mandrakesecure.net?  I've tried
> to access it for the past few days to catch up on security
> advisories and related installation tips, etc. but I always get a
> 404 site not found error.

They are in the midst of updating their servers, and we have been told
that there will be periods of downtime.

> 2.    does anyone know what happened to Freezer Burn?  I used to
> use this site back when I was using Mandrake 7.2/8.

I don't know this one, sorry.

> On a related
> note, is there a list of Mandrake-related websites hosted by
> Mandrake users?  In the past, I've found such sites to be a
> wonderful source of information both for the newbie and for more
> advanced issues..

We have a TWiki site at

http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/WebHome

You might find the MandrakeReferences and NewbieFriendly pages
particularly helpful for links.

> 3.    are there any 9.1 installation hiccups I should know about?
> My hardware was OK with 8.0 so I'm assuming it's OK with 9.1.  Is
> this a safe assumption to make?

Probably, but not entirely.  There have been a few hiccups on that
score, but just come back for help if you need it.

> That's all for now.  Thanks for any input you can give.
>
> madwand

If you are using any hardware that is not yet on the
HardwareCompatibility page, please add your experience as soon as you
feel able.

Good luck

Anne

BTW, please clear you reply-to line - it causes replies to go to you
instead of the list.  It's purpose is for the times when you need
mail replies to go to a different address than the one you send from.