Ed and Ronald,

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 12:00, ed tharp wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 06:40, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:
> <snip>

> single blank space, so if I wanted to include NOAPIC to the smp "stanza"
> it would look like this before I rerun /sbin/lilo, which I would do
> before I rebooted, but after editing
> > image=/boot/vmlinuz-smp
>         label="linux-smp"
>         root=/dev/hda7
>         initrd=/boot/initrd-smp.img
>         append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off NOAPIC"
>         read-only
>
> so the only change would have been from this;
>     append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off"
> to this;
> append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off NOAPIC"
<snip>

Ronald,

Thanks for the advice - I googled linux Adaptec/AHA1520, problems and
installation. Problems referred to kernel problems around 1998,
Installation gave essentially the same information as the Mandrake Twiki
SCSI entry, so unfortunately, no further forward.

Ed,

Thanks for the help.
I added the aha152x bit onto the append in my linux* stanza.
/sbin/lilo accepted it without objecting this time.

But on bootup, no sign of the fscking SCSI card.

Any more suggestions?

DougB

BTW, I thought I might take the problem to the expert list as well: I've
tried to subscribe through the support list and the mailing list via
[EMAIL PROTECTED], but have had no acknowledgement whatever. Are
they not accepting new subscribers, or is there some problem?