On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 06:40, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 15:40, ed tharp wrote:
> > <snip>
>

> > > line in the "image" section for "linux" - error message "duplicate
> > > append lines....". Re-booted just the same. No sign of SCSI card.
> > >
> > only one append line per boot stanza but options can be 'stacked'.
>

> Ed,
>
> How do you do that?
> TIA
>
> DougB
>
> <snip>

here is part of my lilo.conf

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux"
        root=/dev/hda7
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="quiet devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        vga=788
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux-nonfb"
        root=/dev/hda7
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-smp
        label="linux-smp"
        root=/dev/hda7
        initrd=/boot/initrd-smp.img
        append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        read-only

> each "stanza" starts with image=
the append lines have options "stack" by including and separating by a
single blank space, so if I wanted to include NOAPIC to the smp "stanza"
it would look like this before I rerun /sbin/lilo, which I would do
before I rebooted, but after editing
> image=/boot/vmlinuz-smp
        label="linux-smp"
        root=/dev/hda7
        initrd=/boot/initrd-smp.img
        append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off NOAPIC"
        read-only

so the only change would have been from this;
    append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off"
to this;
append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off NOAPIC"
this would not have effected any other choices in my lilo menu, just
when I start selecting the entry corresponding to the label.
so for my self, I might even cut and past so I had a lilo that gave me
the option "smp-noapic" (bad Idea, don't really try it, SMP, is multi
procesor and needs apic) by adding a 'stanza' for smp-noapic so that
lilo.conf looked like this

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux"
        root=/dev/hda7
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="quiet devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        vga=788
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux-nonfb"
        root=/dev/hda7
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-smp
        label="linux-smp"
        root=/dev/hda7
        initrd=/boot/initrd-smp.img
        append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-smp
        label="linux-smp-noapic"
        root=/dev/hda7
        initrd=/boot/initrd-smp.img
        append="devfs=mount hdb=ide-scsi acpi=off NOAPIC"
        read-only

hope that helps